9.06.2005

Rock Star, Take 2

I know I said after the first show that I thought Ty should win "Rock Star: INXS." Then Scott gradually won me over the the camp of Marty and Mig as I realized Ty was great, but maybe not the best match for "our band, INXS." I never thought he'd go as early as he did, however.

Suzie and Jordis will be the next to go. Jordis has a unique and strong voice, but she's been uneven, plus she's probably too funky for them. Suzie has redeemed herself of late, but I just don't see her fronting this band, and her original song this week was more roots-rock ballad.

That leaves, Marty, Mig and J.D. First of all, I don't understand INXS's clear adoration of J.D. He's the weakest singer of everyone, his stage persona is odd (seeming to consist entirely of glaring) and though he may be doing everything "right" in terms of demonstrating how he could fit with INXS, it's all so calculated. Plus, he's an ass. I really hope they get over him.

For me, it's a toss-up between Marty and Mig. Marty rocks the house, but he may be too "alternative" for a middle-of-the-road pop-rock band. Mig's voice is a tad theatrical, but he's got the right look, the right sound, and he's Australian, for God's sakes.

Odds: J.D. 10-1, Marty 7-3, Mig 5-2.

No comments: