7.18.2008

Playing catch up

The biggest problem with traveling 2,000 miles and back in 5 days is a decided lack of sleep and energy, plus a lengthening to-do list waiting at home. Like unpacking, doing laundry, getting 72 photos off the camera, organizing them, uploading them to too many places (Picasa plus Flickr plus Facebook was probably overkill), cleaning out the inbox, etc. etc.

So I'm teleworking today to save myself 2 hours of commute time plus the need to look socially presentable. Nothing like rolling out of bed at 8:15 for a 9 a.m. work day instead of 6:15.

I'll tell you a secret; I thought it was going to be a slower day, too. But as always happens when I'm working at home, I suddenly have several things to juggle.

Still, I'll be able to pick up Julia earlier than usual, and that's a good thing.

No comments: