12.11.2009

Friday 5 #3

I think we're on number 3. It's not like I've been that consistent.

Or have I? Maybe I secretly have an every-third-Friday pattern now. Yeah, let's go with that.

Anyway ...

1. Working at home. I don't think I could telecommute every day because I'm too easily distracted and I'm actually an extroverted introvert (seriously, Myers Briggs says so) so I need to be around people at least partially. But boy does it feel good to have a day to turn off the alarm, not fight traffic, crank up the stereo (even if it's currently playing WETA classical at a rather sedate volume), and multitask with a little laundry. Especially when you're trying to kick the last remnants of fatigue, travel, strep-iness.

Can you tell I'm working at home today?

(While we're at it, we need to come up with a standard label for this. Is it telecommuting? Working from home? Working at home? Pajama Day?)

2. Photo books. It's not like I don't have anything else on the to-do list, but I got this genius idea to take the photos from our recent back-to-back journeys and make gift books out of them for grandmas far and near. It's a little effort, but not that much. The juice is totally worth the squeeze. Being able to do stuff like this is where the genius of digital photography and the internet come together into uber awesomeness.

I mean seriously: remember when we took some photos, and we didn't know if they were even any good until we paid to have them developed, and then we had to get double prints if we wanted extras, and then we'd have to manually put them in a scrapbook one at a time, and then we'd have a memory book? Those days are gone, baby, gone!

3. Month-long decorating. Usually I'm the Thanksgiving Weekend Christmas Decorating Marathon type. But due to the aforementioned being gone, we've gotten a slow start on things. And that's OK. I think Julia's actually enjoying spreading it out. At the rate we're going, the tree will be fully decorated by Christmas. Maybe. (Although for some reason Julia decided to put the angel on top this morning. Just gotta roll with it.)

4. Free holiday album on iTunes. Music. Free. 'Nuff said. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/itunes-holiday-sampler/id344104720

 5. Anticipation. I will cap off the happy craziness that is December with a spa day on the 30th. Booked it yesterday. Mani, pedi, massage, facial. Cannot wait. Can't. Wait!

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

I'm with you on the marathon decorating...and this year? No go on that. My tree is up and sitting there with lights and not one ornament. I keep saying it's because I'm waiting for Rozz to come over and help...but I don't even care. It's like I put up things...not everything, and then lost interest.

It could be due to the fact that this last part of the year is kicking me in the tush...

Oh, and I like PJ Work Day...it kind of rhymes and really, who doesn't like that?

Heidi said...

PJ Work Day!

I ordered matching mommy-and-daughter flannel jammies from Gymboree last week (awwwwww). I am totally wearing them for my next PJ Work Day.