6.13.2006
Reality check
I typically blog about the mundane details of life; a trip here, work events there. I don't even blog as often as I could, so it's not even a thorough chronicling of day-to-day life, rather an intermittent one. But lately I have found it odd to post news of a day trip to Hershey Park or a brush with poison ivy that's still healing after 2 weeks, because 4 weeks ago Mom got the results of a biopsy back and found out she had breast cancer. On May 19, she had a mastectomy. And Saturday she came home from the hospital a second time after returning to fight off an infection. The bright side is that the cancer appears to have been local (it was ductal), a sentinel lymph node biopsy was clear, and there's no need for radiation or chemotherapy. So all signs are positive. In fact, in some ways, it doesn't seem real. It's as if she had her gall bladder removed or some other type of surgery. They went in, they took something out, and it's over. I refuse to believe anything else.
Posted by
Heidi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh christ heidi...I just read this right now. I'm so sorry. I'll think good and healing thoughts for your mum.
catherine
Post a Comment