2.14.2009

Love + Complaining

First of all, happy Valentine's Day. Love, kisses, etc. My husband is awesome, my child is beautiful, blah blah blah.

Now, on to the complaining, because I have some bitchiness that needs ejecting.

* Complaint! It took me way too long to edit all of the movies from last year that were sitting around on my computer.
* Complaint! I should have been editing them and making smaller DVDs as I went along. Why didn't I realize this?
* Complaint! Now that I finally have them as iDVD projects, my hard drive is too full to render one of them for burning DVDs. Because I wasn't cleaning off my movies as I went along last year.
* Complaint! I have a basket full of stuff that used to be in the huge diaper changer armoire whatever-it-was piece of furniture in Julia's room that I sold and replaced with a regular old dresser, and now I have to figure out where to put it.
* Complaint! Because of all the aforementioned movie wrangling, I still have 500 photos I got off Ken's Canon Rebel that need to be edited and uploaded to Picasa and Flickr.
* Complaint! There were 500 photos on the camera because he hadn't downloaded any since last June.
* Complaint! I still have a whole bunch of crap that needs to be Freecycled and/or sold on eBay and/or taken to the consignment store and it just want it to be GONE.
* Complaint! February is already half over and oh my God I have to ... get the taxes together, start planning the garden for spring planting so we'll know how big of a raised bed to build and what seeds to order, figure out when to fertilize and reseed the lawn, and, and ...

Whew ... that's enough for now. Also, I'm running out of ellipses.

And did anyone notice that a lot of these complaints have to do with clearing out or removing things? If it was all done tomorrow, would I feel better? Or would I just find something new to have angst about? (Discuss.)

P.S. I really do think my family is awesome.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I had a huge purge of all the crap that had accumulated in my house/life/marriage over the past ten years last year. It was amazing.

Even though you couldn't tell if you walked in my house right now, there is a lot less garbage kicking around.

I started by touching every single thing I owned and making a decision whether I would pack it if I were moving. Lots of Totally Nineties stuff got tossed or donated.

I realized that I was becoming "that mom' who was stuck at age 24, when I thought I was the cutest thing going.

I'm 32.

Heidi said...

There's nothing like moving to force your hand at cleaning out. Our problem is we've now been in the house for 5 years, and this is the first basement for storage we've ever had, so it's indulging the inner packrat-iness. On the other hand, the tiny '40s closets encouraged me to edit my wardrobe fairly ruthlessly (for me, anyway).

And yet we still haul away bagsful to the thrift store on a regular basis. Where does it come from? Does it breed??

Lora said...

It does breed. Like feral cats.

we are one of the only people we know with a basement, so everyone asks if they can "borrow a corner for a couple months".

don't tell anyone, but I even went through some other people's junk and tossed what I felt was crap. If it was moldy or broken, I tossed it. It's been down there for five years! I must have some claim to it!