I prefer to think of this time of year as one of new beginnings. The clean, blank slate of winter. In Chinese medicine, it's a time of gathering in and preparation.
Once again, I turn to the yoga concept of "setting your intention." What is my intent for this year for myself? And what are my corresponding watchwords (mantras, even)?
I'm still mulling this over. Many of the intentions and words of the past couple of years still resonate with me, but I know there is more meaning waiting to be unpacked.
But I really like the idea of having a year of badassery.
And I love these exercises (from Naomi of IttyBiz) for defining what shape that should take--and what to let go to make it happen.
In the first one, you make a list of your Top Five best moments of 2010, and look for the commonalities between them. What's the thread that connects them? Then write that thread down and return to it all year whenever you have a choice to make about what direction to take.
In the second, you make a list of the Top Ten worst moments of 2010. Then get in your time machine and go back to the countdown on New Year's Eve and cross one off as you count backwards from 10. Or if you're getting a late start, like me, choose any quiet moment to go through the list. The important part? As you cross off each moment, let it go. When you're done, your slate is clean for the New Year.
What about you? What's your common thread for 2011? How are you going to be bad-ass this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment