1.06.2010

Mind full


I've had a lot on my mind lately.

I got into an argument with someone close to me last week. It started with the other person, hurt, lashing out. I didn't understand where the hurt was coming from, so I thought I was the wronged party. I was hurt and confused and even angry. I thought about that a lot over the weekend.

Then we communicated on Monday and I realized what part I had played in creating the hurt. It put months of things I have said and done in a different light. My perspective on myself was radically shifted. I have always prided myself on being a good friend and here my weaknesses were revealed, with no cover or excuse. I've been thinking about that a lot ever since.

Meanwhile, I've been undergoing some medical treatments, the current course of which is coming to a conclusion. If it's successful, it has the potential to be life changing, in a good way. If it's unsuccessful, it will be another very expensive disappointment. I've been thinking about that, too.

I'm in the year when I will turn 40. I'm supposed to be getting wiser, right? Doesn't that go along with the "older" part?

And yet I feel like there are so many things I've barely begun to learn.

If I keep my mind open, can I keep filling it up?

[Photo by Trieu P. Nguyen]

No comments: