Have you ever known someone who could not bear to be wrong?
When you disagree, it's not enough to be of different opinions. And God forbid you are actually mistaken.
The Never Wrong Person won't let it drop, not until he or she has summoned facts, figures and photos to demonstrate your error, to prove their superior command of knowledge and information.
I wonder, does it make them happy? Knowing they are right, but knowing that to be right, they had to make their friends wrong?
And I worry. Because sometimes I'm afraid the Never Wrong Person is me.
11.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well. This is a fear of mine too...only about me, not you. I've known you for a long time now, and I don't think you do things maliciously or out of the spirit of a know it all...you're smart, sure, but your heart is so sweet about it.
I find that when I really fact gather and throw all that down is usually towards another person who is usually smug and justified...THEN it feels good to go HA!
For the one moment until I realize that I just did the same thing they do to me that drives me batty.
Phoey.
there are definitely things that I consider myself Never Wrong about, but I always let them drop.
I'm quite sure that you are doing just fine on the NW thing!
Thanks for the vote of confidence, ladies! I will try to live up to it.
Recently I've had a couple of head-butting experiences, and after the steam stopped coming out of my ears, I realized that I had escalated the situation by also refusing to be wrong. Talk about picking the wrong battles.
And I always benefit from examining my own motives. What kind of person am I trying to be? Am I successful? How do I get there?
(And now I've turned into some sort of self-help person. Yikes. Stopping now!)
Post a Comment